What we do:
- Protection of University resources,
- Investigate crime, accidents and incidents.
- Provide liaison services with other security agencies including the Kenya Police Service, KWS etc, as well as other emergency service handlers like the Fire Brigade, St. Johns Ambulance and the Kenya Red Cross etc.
- Handle students’ welfare issues, emergencies, surveillance and security in the students’ Halls of residence especially at night.
- Safe custody and movement of University keys.
- Develop and administer internal security and traffic policies and procedures including on special events.
List of Staff in the Department:, Khamisi Matano, Chrispine Shake, Jackan Mwawasi, Rashid Chembea, Unda Kombe, Margaret Mwangu, Moses Mwalenga, Jeremiah Kilango Joshua Kitonga, Suleiman Ali, Evyline Mwalandi, Bakari K Msafari, Johnson K. Juma, Swaleh M. Ramadhan, Rolance Chari Ngeti, Mark Kimutai, Patrick K. Kiswii, Stephen Fundi Zaule, Eston Kimani Irungu, Kodjo Elphas Okombo, Jeremiah Mwawasi, Nahashon Mwamburi Kambu, George Mshamba Masudi, Jackline Mbenge Wambua, Lenox Bakari Mwakio, Johnson Mandela Mairura , John Ngole Mbaji, Godhana Sadiki, Rachael Samba Ngarai, Johnson Mwashighadi, Abdalla Bakari Bwanhu, Benard Mwaita Mwakio, Juma M. Mwachongowa, Onesmus Malila, Onesmus W. Mwabena, Jackline A. Amukozo, Athuman M. Mndolwa, Caleb Momanyi, Bahati A. Mwakuzimu, Rachael Bibi Maghanga and Saumu Kilalo.
A short history of our department: The Security department is committed to offer the best services to ensure the safety and protection the University members and assets. It has three Main Sections-Guards, Janitors and Caretakers and is currently headed by a Mr K. Matano assisted by a number of Supervisors working in shifts. The department also operates a 24hr, 7days a week Reports/Information Desk at the Supervisors’ office located in the Amphitheatre Building and its officers remain on call round the clock.