- Provide secretarial services to the Audit Committee of the University Council
- Prepare and implementing audit annual work plan.
- Providing independent assurance to the Audit Committee of the University Council and Management on the implementation and effectiveness of the internal control systems.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the system of risk identification and management and suggesting improvements as appropriate.
- Fostering quality and continuous improvement in governance and risk management control processes.
- Assessing the cost effectiveness and efficiency in the utilization of resources for the achievement of University’s objectives.
- Verifying the reliability and integrity of financial data.
- Carrying out compliance audits with policies, laws, rules and regulations.
- Ensuring that resources including assets are preserved and protected and used for the benefit of the University.
|Name||Position||Official TTU Email Address|
|Dalton Mwaghogho||Head of Internal Audit Departmentemail@example.com|
|Robert Kilonzo Ngeti||Senior Assistant Internal Audit IIfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Internal Audit Department initially was an extension of JKUAT and was started in July 2010 with one staff who was reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor at JKUAT. Currently the department has two qualified Certified Public Accountants, CPA Dalton Mwaghogho, who heads the department and CPA Robert Kilonzao Ngeti, the assistant. We Providing an independent and objective assurance and advice to the University management aimed at adding value and improving the operations of the University