Taita Taveta University (TTU) wishes to inform ALL students who qualified for conferment of Degrees and award of Diplomas at the end of the 2022/2023 academic year and members of the public, that the 6th Graduation Ceremony will be held on Friday, 24th November, 2023 commencing at 8.00 a.m. at the Sports Pavilion – Main Campus.
TTU congratulates you on your success and extends a warm invitation to attend the ceremony. The following are the instructions pertaining to your participation in the Graduation Ceremony:
Each graduand must clear with all departments and sections shown on the clearance form. Only those graduands who will have completed paying fees due to the University by Thursday, 26th October, 2023 will be allowed to graduate.
GRADUATION FEES/ HIRE OF ACADEMIC DRESS/ALUMNI MEMBERSHIP
- All graduands are required to pay compulsory non-refundable fees for graduation ceremony, hire of academic attire and membership to the Taita Taveta University Alumni Association as detailed in the table below:
|S/N||Award||Compulsory Graduation Fees (KES)||Non-refundable Hire of Gown (KES)||Mandatory Alumni Membership (KES)||Total (KES)|
- The attire may be collected from Monday 13th to Monday 20th November, 2023 during working hours from the respective Offices of Deans of Schools upon presentation of payment receipts: (graduation fees bank slip and Alumni Membership bank slip)
The payments for Graduation Fee and Alumni Membership Fee should be paid in separate accounts as indicated in the table below (DO NOT PAY IN ONE ACCOUNT)
GRADUATION FEE ACCOUNT
|BANK & BRANCH||ACCOUNT NAME||ACCOUNT NUMBER|
|Kenya Commercial Bank||Taita Taveta University Fee Account||1136119140|
|Equity Bank||Taita Taveta University||0790299712769|
ALUMNI MEMBERSHIP FEE ACCOUNT
|BANK & BRANCH||ACCOUNT NAME||ACCOUNT NUMBER|
|Kenya Commercial Bank||Taita Taveta University Alumni Association||1224713222|
You will have to present two bank slips (graduation fee bank slip and alumni membership fee bank slip) in order to be used with the clearance form and hire graduation form to complete the process of graduation.
Kindly note: Over payment will not be used to cover for Alumni Membership Fee payment.
All gowns must be returned to the respective Schools by Friday, 1st December, 2023. A penalty of KES 500.00 will be charged per day for return of gowns after that date
- Graduation list is available at www.ttu.ac.ke.
- It is the duty of each graduand to ascertain the correctness of the spelling of their names and report any misspelling on the graduation list to the respective Deans of Schools and copy to the undersigned. The names should appear as they were used during admission. New names will NOT be permitted.
- It is the responsibility of each graduand to confirm his/her examination results, financial status, accuracy and order names from the respective offices. Only those who meet all the stated requirements by Thursday, 26th October 2023 will be in the final graduation list.
Each graduand will be issued with two (2) invitation cards for two guests. The cards will be issued by the respective Offices of Deans of Schools during issuance of academic attire.
- The rehearsal is an integral part of the Graduation Ceremony and therefore is mandatory.
- All Graduands intending to participate in the Ceremony MUST attend the Rehearsal on Thursday, November 23rd, 2023 at 10.00 a.m. at the University Sports Pavilion; graduands should be seated by 9.30 a.m. for the rehearsal.
- The tassel of the Cap must be placed on the front right-hand side prior to Graduation; turn it to the front left-hand side immediately the Degree is conferred by the Chancellor.
- Movement and Photography by graduands during the rehearsal session is prohibited.
All graduands will enter the Graduation Square in a procession. The procession will form at 8.30 a.m. with all the graduands at the main administration building lined according to their respective Schools. The procession will enter the Graduation Square at 9.00 a.m.
Only graduands who will be in the procession will be allowed into the Graduation Square for the Graduation Ceremony.
Seats for all the graduands are labelled with their names and arranged in the order in which the names appear in the graduation booklet. Proceed to your seat at the designated time and occupy it throughout the Graduation Ceremony.
All Graduands and their invited Guests are required to be seated by 9.00 am. Those arriving late will not be allowed into the Graduation Square.
CONDUCT DURING THE CEREMONY
- Graduation is a solemn event and must be appreciated with all the seriousness attached to it. Silence must be maintained throughout the Ceremony.
- Movement and photography by graduands and guests are prohibited during the Ceremony. Everyone remains seated unless instructed otherwise.
- Each graduand must stand when his/her name is read by the respective Dean from the graduation list. The tassel of the Cap will at that time be on the front right-hand side. After conferment of the Degree by the Chancellor, all graduands will turn their tassel to the front left-hand side, bow/courtesy and sit down.
- Graduands and guests are advised to bring umbrellas should the weather be unfavourable.
All Diplomas, Bachelors and Master’s Degree certificates will be available for collection from the Examinations Office at a date to be communicated during the Graduation ceremony. The following will be required for collection of your certificate: a) Original copy of your clearance form, b) Gown Form, and c) Original ID, Passport or Driving licence.
Certificates must be safely kept. Certificates are NOT re-issued and duplicates are never issued.
NAMES ON CERTIFICATE
The names on the degree certificate shall appear as they are in the Student’s Registry which are the names used during admission. Graduands should NOT submit new names. While collecting certificates, graduates must ensure that their names are correctly spelt because alterations will not be possible after the degree certificate has been collected.
Every graduate must collect his/her certificate by Friday, 17th February, 2024. Any certificate not collected by this date will be liable to a storage charge of KES 1000.00 per year. For avoidance of doubt, any part of a year after the expiry of the collection date shall still attract a storage charge of KES 1000.00.
All graduands are expected to make accommodation arrangements for themselves and their own guests.
Any changes to the instructions will be communicated when need arises.
For further information, please contact:
The Registrar (Academic, Research and Outreach)
P. O. Box 635-80300, Voi – Kenya