What We Do:
- Preparation, production and service of meals.
- Menu compilation, interpretation and economic use of food materials.
- Requisition and control of all food ingredients as per the menu.
- Developing function and conference as well as excellent outside catering services.
- Coordinating and executing cleanliness and hygiene procedures during operations.
- Handling customer, student, and staff complaints and providing feedback to the public relations office.
- We offer event catering such as outside catering services, conference, seminars, wedding receptions, and cocktail parties.
List of Staff in the Department:
|Names||Designation||Official TTU Email|
|Belinda Owala||Senior Cateress I|
|Mr. Muinde||Head of Catering Department|
|Lydia Kanini Monah||Assistant Cateress|
|Susan Ngui Mtindi||Senior Cook|
|Angeline Mughore Aluwigha||Dinning Hall Supervisor|
|Zaina Zahara Matata||Assistant Cateress III|
|Cheruiyot Chepkirui Truphenah||Senior Cook|
|Stephen Makokha Bwire||Senior Cook|
|Jimmy Mzee Mwandawa||Senior Cookemail@example.com|
|Naomi Nthambi Nzuki||Cook II|
|Margaret Mwaloi||Cook II|
|Elizabeth Wakesho Mwazuna||Kitchen Assistant|
|Mwamburi James Kasuku||Kitchen Assistant I|
|Francis Mutinda Makove||Kitchen Assistant I|
|Dorcas Salimo||Kitchen Assistant II|
|Tabitha Mwachoni||Kitchen Assistant II|
Short history of our Department:
The Catering department is among the premier departments in the university because from the institution’s inception in 2007 the kitchen stood tall in providing services to the students, staff and the community around.
Progressively the department has been growing from a one headed unit with few staff and providing services, only at the Mess for all people, to now a more extensive service provision from the mess catering for bonafide students at subsidized rates.
Texas cafeteria caters for both students and staff and offers variety of meals and can also hosts special functions e.g. birthday, end of year parties religious and club gatherings
Makuti Restaurant (staff cafeteria) an ample candle lit wind, serene environment, a view of Sagalla hills. A thatched house reflecting the coastal tradition in the kind of delicacy it offers. It offers services to the university community and visitors from late breakfast, mid morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea. In addition we also offer catering services for departmental bookings.
We strive to build a brand image in the hospitality industry with improved services from our trained and experienced staff.