Profile: James O. Ochieng
Current Position: Lecturer, Mining and Mineral Processing Engineering, Taita Taveta University College (TTUC)
- Sc. (Industrial Mineralogy), University of Leicester, U.K., 1990. (Exploration, evaluation and processing of industrial minerals)
- Sc. (Hons)(Geol), [2nd Class – Upper Division] University of Dar es Salaam, 1978.
- Remote Sensing Certificate, Regional Centre for Services in Surveying & Mapping and Remote Sensing, (RCSSMRS), Nairobi, (Satellite imagery geological interpretation)
- Certificate in Remote Sensing, Groupement pour le Dévélopment de Télédétection Aerospatiale, Toulouse, France, (Satellite imagery geological interpretation)
- Certificate in Ore Microscopy, Geological Survey of Finland/Mines and Geological Department, Nairobi,
- Certificate in Near-shore Non-Fuel Mineral Exploration, International Centre for Ocean Development, Mombasa,
- Registered Geologist under the Geologists Registration Act, No. 10 of 1993.
- Certificate of Participation, Performance Management and Target Setting Training Workshop, Civil Service Reform Secretariat (DPM), 1997.
- Certificate of attendance, Training Workshop on GIS Applications for Management of Earth Resources Data and Information, University of Nairobi/UNESCO, 1999.
- Certificate of attendance, Senior Management Seminar, Kenya Institute of Administration, 2001.
- Certificate of attendance, Performance Management and Staff Performance Appraisal Workshop, Kenya Institute of Administration, 2002.
- Certificate of attendance, Strategic Planning and Management Course, University of the Witwatersrand, Graduate School of Business Administrations. (Facilitated by DPM in Mombasa), 2002
- Certificate in Environment Impact Assessment, Kenya Institute of Administration, 2005.
- Certificate of attendance, UNEP Shelf Programme Desk-top Preparation Workshop for East African Committees, UNEP, Gigiri, Nairobi, 2006.
- Mineral Appraisement Course, Beijing, China, 2007.
- Geology of the Loiyangalani Area, with Wilkinson, A.F., Kagasi, J. and Kimomo S. Report No. 107, Mines and Geological Department.
- Volcanism of South Island, Lake Turkana, Proceedings of the 2nd Conference on the Geology of Kenya, Geological Society of Kenya.
- A Graphite Occurrence at Kathigagacheru, Proceedings of the 2nd Conference on the Geology of Kenya. Geological Society of Kenya.
- The Growth of Rubies in South-east Kenya, with Key, R.M. The Journal of Gemology,22 No. 8 pp 484 – 496. 1991.
- Petrology of the gabbroic suite of rocks occurring south east of Mt. Kenya, Proceedings of the 5th Conference on the Geology of Kenya. Geological Society of Kenya.
- Geology of the Embu-Mount Kenya Area, with Wanjogu, J.K, Kiema, L.M. and Muraya, E.K. Mines and Geological Department.