Message from the Senior Legal officer
The Legal Office is an integral unit in the daily running of issues pertaining to and/or requiring legal input as relates to the University. This has impacted positively in tandem with stipulations in internal policies, Rules and Regulations, the Laws of Kenya and other relevant applicable advisories.
The mandate of Legal Office is indeed enormous. However, under the stewardship and direction of the Senior Legal Officer, it is made possible for the dispensation and discharge of duties to the required and set standards, given the usual constraints experienced in the delivery of the same. The office ensures that tasks and duties allocated to the Senior Legal Officer are undertaken and accomplished and delivered on time, given the staffing constraints.Vision: To be Legal advisors upholding the Rule of Law in keeping with Home of Ideas University. Mission: To provide quality legal services, in line with Taita Taveta University vision. Value Statement and Mandate In the Legal Office we are driven by a passion for service excellence to achieve and coordinate effective corporate Legal Services, in an atmosphere that ensures efficiency, integrity and sustainability. Strategic Objectives
- To recommend and lobby for facilities and resources to maintain and improved image of the legal office and the University.
- To broaden the range of specialties in legal services offered to the University Community;
- To promptly and efficiently attend to matters that require legal input internally and externally.
- To facilitate the development and implementation of institutional policies and strict adherence to the same.
- To ensure strict compliance with relevant national laws on integrity, and facilitate or coordinate the development and implementation of the institutional corruption prevention plan.
- Linkage and Collaborations.
- Drafting legal documents, Contracts and Agreements
- Legal advice
- Response to complaints or suggestions
- Intellectual property rights
|NO||SERVICE||REQUIREMENT TO OBTAIN SERVICE||COST||TIMELINE.|
|1.||Response to inquiries||Clarity of request or wish and full disclosure of what is required||Free||(i) Verbal enquiries within a day (ii) Electronic enquiries within two (2) days (iii) Postal enquiries within seven (7) days.|
|2.||Response to complaints or suggestions||Receipt of Complaints, Compliments or Suggestions||Free||(i) acknowledgement within a day (ii) feedback within seven (7) days|
|3.||Legal advice||Presentation of case||Free||Feedback within a day|
|4.||Preparation of Contracts||Requisite legal documents||Free||Within five (5) days|
|5.||Preparation of Memorandum of Understanding||Relevant information||Free||Within five (5) days|
|6.||Facilitate application and registration of intellectual property rights||Background of invention to be protected and any other document to that effect||Free||Three (3)|